January 1, 2015

Etihad Airways completes investment and acquires 49% equity stake in new Alitalia

Alitalia and Etihad Airways announced the completion of all the formalities related to the transfer of air transport operations from Alitalia CAI to the new Alitalia SAI. Etihad Airways has subscribed and paid for the capital increase of €387.5m for the acquisition of a 49% share in Alitalia SAI. The remaining 51% shareholding is held by Alitalia CAI through MidCo, which has contributed the agreed assets and liabilities for the continuation of the airline. The transaction became effective on December 31st, 2014 and Alitalia SAI – Società Aerea Italiana commenced operations on January 1st, 2015.



Your Email*

Friend's Email*

Your Remark

Antispam question*
9+6=?