UAL Corporation reports highest annual pre-tax income since 1999

UAL Corporation reported pre-tax income of $695 million for 2007, the highest since 1999. Pre-tax income excluding special items and severance was $606 million, $665 million higher than 2006. The company generated net income of $403 million in 2007, the first full-year profit since 2000, excluding reorganization items. Excluding special and reorganization items and severance, 2007 net income of $352 million was $417 million higher than 2006. UAL reported an operating loss of $64 million for the fourth quarter of 2007, a pre-tax loss of $98 million and a net loss of $53 million, $8 million better than the fourth Read more

Email Post to a Friend Email Post to a Friend

Telair International named as supplier for 747-8 program

Telair International has been selected by Boeing to supply the cargo-handling system for the new Boeing 747-8. The supplier will provide systems for the main deck and lower hold of the 747-8 Freighter, as well as the lower hold of the 747-8 Intercontinental. Telair International, based in Miesbach, Germany, will design and manufacture a cargo-handling system for the 747-8 that is similar to those found on many 747 fleets currently operating worldwide. This continuity will offer Boeing and its 747-8 operators the benefits that result from improved reliability of a mature product. Telair will design and manufacture the cargo-handling system Read more

Email Post to a Friend Email Post to a Friend

Air Europa of Spain announces order for eight 787 Dreamliners

Spanish carrier Air Europa announced an order for eight Boeing 787-8 Dreamliners valued at $1.3 billion at list prices. The order, placed by Air Europa in 2007, previously was accounted for on Boeing’s Orders & Deliveries Web site as an unidentified customer. Air Europa also acquired purchase rights for an additional eight 787s. Air Europa has selected the Rolls-Royce Trent 1000 engine to power its 787s. Air Europa, based in Palma de Mallorca, is the first Spanish customer for the 787 and plans to operate the 787 on its long-haul routes to destinations such as Argentina, Mexico and the Dominican Read more

Email Post to a Friend Email Post to a Friend

Skyways Aviation arranges sale of two ATR 72 aircraft

Skyways Aviation has arranged the sale of two ATR 72 aircraft to Erik Thun AB of Sweden. Serial numbers 126 and 145 are currently operating with Aer Arann of Eire and Airlinair of France respectively and have been sold with long term leases attached. Erik Thun AB is a family owned Swedish shipping and aviation group founded in 1938. The company owns over 30 regional aircraft, 17 of which are operated by its regional airline subsidiary Golden Air.

Email Post to a Friend Email Post to a Friend

Boeing contracts in Quebec exceed $420 million

The Boeing Company has provided contracts worth more than $420 million to companies in Quebec. The announcement follows the Canadian government’s 2007 order for four C-17 Globemaster IIIs, the first two of which already are in service with Canadian Forces. As part of the C-17 acquisition contract, Boeing agreed to match the purchase price of the four aircraft with dollar-for-dollar investments back into the Canadian economy through a C-17 IB program coordinated by Industry Canada. Boeing already has identified more than 66 percent of its total C-17 IB program obligations. Boeing will identify the remaining 34 percent of IB obligations Read more

Email Post to a Friend Email Post to a Friend